Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Erasure - Chorus - 1991


 I listened to this one on my CD player with big fat headphones, trudging through the snow on the way to class at the University of Nebraska.  Wind cold, bitter chill as my breath left my lips, eyes watering for fear of freezing.  Dim, overcast, winter.

And thrust into Chorus, and Breath of Life, and Over the Rainbow, and finishing it up in the snow again with Home.

Yes, there were bits of Autumn in there, but most of it was cold and snowy. And the music kept me alive.  It exudes warmth and passion, even Vince's instrumental b-sides.  I remember extolling the work of the album to people on numerous occasions.  And, a lot of the remixes are as good as the album tracks, as well (but, that's another disc, another day.)

Favorite tracks? Breath of Life, Love to Hate You and Perfect Stranger.

I didn't do much to this one, other than plug the b-sides in between "side one" and "side two".  Plus, a few unreleased tracks, too.

Great album for a winter's day.  It'll take the chill off.

Erasure - Chorus - 1991

3 comments:

  1. Muchas Gracias por tu Gran Trabajo Amigo.
    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! First of all, nice site you got here. I've gone through about 20 pages or so and I see tons and tons of albums from my collection and its interesting to read your life stories on these albums.

    While I have a bunch of questions, I did want to give you a link to my new store. I was looking for some people who would appreciate the stuff I am making. Much like your complilations, I started to make shirts and items that I wanted to have/wear. After I read Wild was one of your favorite albums, I thought it would be worth while to comment.

    I just started the site (https://madchester.storenvy.com) last week, and while my instagram (madchestershirts) traffic is rising, I am having issues finding the niche of clients for these things I make.
    I have about 50 items online right now, and have about 40 more on the way.

    Well, anyways, let me know if you see anything you like or want. I do have several of album cover re-creations I am finishing for Erasure including a Crackers' shirt/sweatshirt.

    thanks for you time, love the site

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, can you please upload?
    Thank you very much. :)

    ReplyDelete