Monday, April 18, 2016

Jesus Jones - Doubt B-Sides and Remixes - 1991

I got Jesus Jones, EMF and Blur's first album all at roughly the same time, and that was my initial exposure to what I thought was Madchester.  Inspiral Carpets, Happy Mondays, Charlatans, Stone Roses, the Farm, so forth and so on, didn't come until later for me.  

Doubt is an outstanding album.  I have no problems sitting and listening to it from beginning to end, uninterrupted, and have the time of my life.  In fact, as I was deciding which album to select for today, I played IBYT with my 4-year-old son and him and I danced and laughed around the living room.

But, and there's always a but, and I usually hate what follows.....

But, the remixes and b-sides of Doubt?  Well, they just aren't up to par with the rest of the album.  There's a few good tunes in there, like Damn Good At This, and some of the mixes are great, like DNA's mix of Welcome Back Victoria.  But, for the most part, I have to say "meh".

Why post it?  Jesus Jones is still the bomb, and a disc like this is usually a hard-on for most completists.  I will say, there are 4 remixes missing.  I left them off because I couldn't stand them.  Sorry to make that judgement call, I did it for your own good.

You might like it, you might not.  If you do, your welcome.  If you don't, then piss off.  See you tomorrow.


3 comments:

  1. Aloha Kid Chaos, loving what you have posted so far! Thanks so much for the extras you are adding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog, keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  3. a re-up would be lovely ... :-)

    ReplyDelete