Thursday, April 7, 2016

Police - Synchronicity - 1983

One of my top ten bands of all time, their best album, and also one of my top five bands I would have liked to see live during their prime time, this case, summer of 1983.

I was only twelve when this album came out, and I remember songs from this specifically as I was moving to Chicago.  Moving from a small midwest town to a large booming metropolis was staggering to my senses, and a bunch of materiel from 1983 and 1984 stuck heavy with me in good and bad ways.  This was one of the best.

I was introduced to the album as a cassette, so it was easy to break the album into two different "Acts", One and Two.  Between the two sides, I placed all of the b-sides, in an attempt to create Act Three, or a Side C to an already great album.  I didn't want to put all of the b-sides at the end of the two, as Side Two, or Act Two was already an excellent ending.

I plugged a few remixes of the hits and a couple fanmade mixes as well, after the end of the album, to fill the rest of the CD.

To me, still, the best song is Synchronicity II.  Always has been, always will be.  A definite power pop hit if I ever knew one....

Police - Synchronicity - 1983

4 comments:

  1. Hi there KC
    Thanks for the fab blog just found it today from the 'OneMan1000LPs' site. Loved the personal tracklisting for all the albums with a great choice in stuff - have cleaned you out of most today.
    Do you have The Police - Ghost in the Machine + twelves?
    Thanks again - much appreciated
    Lee. UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have that. Most definitely. I will try and get it up by the end of the weekend. So much to do, so much to do....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came across your blog and i'm starting at the beginning. Great stuff here i'm like a kid in a candy store. Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AH its gone can you please reupload thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete