Saturday, May 14, 2016

Billy Idol - Self-titled Debut - 1982

It was either 4th or 5th grade, I was just a little punk.  Spending the night at the neighbor kid's house.  His mom was going out with friends, so she left us with a baby sitter, who let us play Atari all night, and I remember her watching MTV and talking on the phone.  I remember seeing White Wedding for the first time, then.  It was nothing significant, yet to this day I can vividly see the video, the room I was in, and my friend and the baby sitter.  It's strange how some things can stick with you for your whole life.

I like Billy Idol. His 80s work is great, and I enjoy Generation X as well.  I liked him up to Rock the Cradle, and then everything after that was crap.  He should have stopped while he was ahead.  I'm not a HUGE fan or anything.  But, as a progeny of the 80s, I have to include him in my library as his work was a significant piece to the decade.

Honestly, it's been several years since I made this version.  I can't remember if any of the tracks are b-sides or not.  It's apparent that there are mixes on there, so enjoy that little extra.

No comments:

Post a Comment