Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Lush - Spooky - 1992


 So, I know that this cover is quite a departure from the actual album cover, which wasn't that bad to begin with.  It's just that there was a lot of artwork that I wanted to play with, and try and capture a new feel for the album, while still keeping it's essence.  Does that make sense?  Regardless, I preferred these pictures (and some of the single sleeves) to the album, so I tried this one out.  If you don't like it, you don't have to use it.

As for the album, a stellar sophomore release after some astounding EPs and a mini album.  They weren't kids just fooling around anymore.  Spooky picks up right where Scar left off, a little more polished, a little less naive, but no less idealistic.  One wonderful track after another, this one always pleases.

The b-sides and mixes aren't bad, a nice addition to an already perfect set, just a little more Miki to listen to.  Oh, Miki, I was so hot for her.  Between her, Toni Halliday and Harriet Wheeler I was in heaven.  Just thinking of them makes my heart go a flutter.

By the way, you must listen to this loudly.

2 comments:

  1. Hello KidChaos2 Glad To Hear Your Enjoying Bloggin Keep Up The Great Work

    ReplyDelete