Friday, May 13, 2016

Siouxsie & the Banshees - Hyaena - 1984

I know the biggest debate on this one is where to put Dear Prudence.  Does it belong with Hyaena or does it belong with Dreamhouse?  Where does it go?  I sway back and forth.  I like it at the front end of Hyaena, but you will also find it at the back end of my Dreamhouse.  I don't know where to put it.  It makes more sense with this album, due to the sound, but the sleeve logo matches Dreamhouse.  It also came out closer to Dreamhouse than it did Hyaena.

Some of you may say, "Who the Hell cares?!"  But, to me, and those like me, it makes a big difference.  It shows growth, it's a chapter or verse in a larger, all-encompassing story of their life work.  It matters very much how it's portrayed....

Anyway, I do have all of the Banshees albums.  Notice how I said Banshees.  I love their music.  Love It.  But, I HATE Siouxsie's voice.  I can't stand it.  I find it somewhat tolerable on Hong Kong Garden, Israel, Kiss Them For Me, and Face to Face.  It goes to show how little I think of her voice, when I prefer a soundtrack one-off sell-out to a second-rate Batman movie, over the rest of her work...  Says something dramatic, if you ask me.  What's weird, is I don't really mind her so much on the Creatures albums, though....

I got into the Banshees, though, because I was told it was a "female Cure", and that Bob had played guitars on a couple albums.  The music is great, and I still love looking at the picture sleeves....

But, here it is...  If you don't want Dear Prudence on it, then knock off the first 3 tracks, and cross them off the cover.  Your choice.

Siouxsie & the Banshees - Hyaena - 1984

1 comment:

  1. don't stress on the vocal - "all my favourite singers couldn't sing" :)

    and cheers for the blog!

    ReplyDelete