Friday, August 19, 2016

Pete Shelley - Homosapien - 1981

It's 85F and raining right now, 6:34 on a Friday evening.  I'm not too horribly thrilled about tonight's post. Well, honestly, I'm not horribly thrilled about anything right now.  It's the end of the work week and I should be going out and having a good time tonight, but all I feel like doing is sleeping.  I'm exhausted.

Regardless, the first time I heard the song Homosapien, the Simple Minds were singing it on their cover album in the oughts.  I liked it a lot, and did my due diligence to learn who originally did it.  And, so I found Pete Shelley from the Buzzcocks for the first time.

I knew of the Buzzcocks and had two Singles albums by them, and I thought they were pretty good.  I do think that Shelley by himself, though, really expanded, matured and grew his sound and style to something more than Punk and more than New Wave.

All in all, it's a pretty good album with some great tracks.  Here's the album, the mixes and the b-sides. 

Now, I'm off to the recliner and the remote control and the TV.  I'm done with today....

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for this one. Do you have Heaven and the Sea and XL1, they are really good as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Link dead.

    ReplyDelete