Friday, October 21, 2016

Public Image Limited - Happy? - 1987

My second favorite PiL album.  I got this one shortly after I got Nine.  It had that sense of Post Punk on the verge of Mainstream Pop.  The melodies were there, the Lydon wailing was a little more controlled and coherent, and the music was performed with skill.  Heck, it's a great album.

......


And that's all I have to say about that.

I had a rough work week, I'm tired, I work for a bunch of incompetents, and I want to watch a little TV with my son.  We're probably going to watch either Kamen Rider Gaim, Kamen Rider Wizard, or Kamen Rider OOOs tonight (Google them).  I need me some Japanese Superhero shows.  Plus, it's my turn to cook supper, and I may just pass that on to Pizza Hut.

Tomorrow the family and I are going to the Pumpkin Patch to get our Halloween pumpkins, and it's an all day affair.  We leave about 930 or 10 am, and usually don't get back until 9 or 10 pm, dead exhausted.  That's why you got two posts today, I won't be posting at all tomorrow.

I'll get back with you all on Sunday, and maybe my mood will be a little better.  I hope you all have a great weekend and stay safe...

6 comments:

  1. -= Martin L. Gore =-October 22, 2016 at 5:06 AM

    This is not a love song ... this is not a love song ... this is not a love song ... lol ... my wife love-hates it because I play and sing it so much ... that song is eerily catchy!

    Johnny Rotten transitioned perfectly into the post-punk genre (and maybe perfected it).

    Absolutely love your artwork on this one (is it just negative effect or solarized?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I traced the building central image, copy and pasted a new layer, applied a layer shadow. Then, I selected the white background space of the original image, hit delete, and when it asked me what color I wanted the delete to apply, I selected "Content Aware". I had to do it a couple times for the system to apply it without getting chunks of the words intermixed.

      Delete
  2. When I saw one of my musical icons had done a song titled after my city, I didn't care he was slagging it off. This was one of my favorite albums of the time.
    Thank you sir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry but I don't understand just what album this is! The track list does not match anything I can find. Is this a personal compilation of tracks from multiple sources? I am completely confused about what this actually is.

    -Brian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually the album "Happy?" (you can just about make the title out in the original artwork).

      Delete
    2. Yeah, if you read the post, my mind just wasn't into it that day, and I fucked it up. RJ is right, I just mislabeled it. I've corrected it now. Sorry for the confusion.

      Delete