Thursday, October 27, 2016

Ultravox - Rage In Eden - 1981


I had heard of Ultravox before, but just out off in the periphery of my musical knowledge.  I knew nothing about them and I had never heard of them at all.  Once I got involved in music online via blogs, forums, torrents, etc, I learned more about them and collected as many albums and tracks as I could find.  They weren't bad, pretty good.  No D2, but they really captured that New Romantic sound that was obviously popular at the time.

Out of all of their albums, I liked Rage In Eden the best, followed quickly by Vienna.  I'll be posting that one later...  It's a shame that I hadn't heard more of them before when I was younger, as learning and listening to them while they existed would've been great.  Who knows, I may have liked them more than D2....  Nah, I don't think so.

Anyway, I recently found these "Deno Edits" of their tracks from this album, almost all of them.  More fan edits that have taken the originals and simply s t r e c h e d them out.  They're fun to listen to, and gives US a reason to have a deluxe version of their best album. 

As you can see, Blogger still hasn't fixed what I've come to learn is a glitch in their system, or something like that.  So, from here on out, I will make sure to zip the covers up in the files along with the albums.  I know that I've been hit or miss on that, but now I will do it for sure...

Enjoy.


5 comments:

  1. Duran better than Ultravox?!?!?!?!

    ERROR - ERROR - YOUR SYSTEM HAS BEEN CORRUPTED!! REBOOT IMMEDIATELY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love both this album and "Vienna." As someone who was into them back in the 80s when these albums came out, I can say that I actually DID like them better than D2 (don't hate me!), but that's just my personal opinion. D2 were obviously a much more popular band, so maybe I just have odd tastes in music, I don't know! But Ultravox has always been one of my favorites. (Though if I'm honest, even as much as I love Ultravox, I like John Foxx's solo work a lot better, particularly "The Golden Section."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok now this is what I love to see. Ultravox has always been my second favorite band and I have collected everything I could ever get my grubby little hands on. You name it I had it albums, cd's, 12'' singles, 7'' singles, posters, buttons, t-shirts, videos, autographed items... you get the idea, so I am glad to welcome your version to my Ultravox collection. Thank you. Never heard the Deno Edits, so those will be fun to listen to I'm sure.

    On a side note I know a guy who lives in New York who has had the honor of having Midge Ure perform not once, but twice at his house for a private/invitation only performance. Now how freakin' cool is that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for this, btw.: Deno also edited Gary Numan's Telekon-great!

      Delete
  4. Hi just thought i'd let you know i'm Den'o

    ReplyDelete