Saturday, December 17, 2016

Earl Grey - The Flavour - 1997

While I was digging through the back history of a lot of Techno labels, looking for material I remembered, liked or wanted, I came across Carl Cox's label called Worldwide Ultimatum.  It existed for roughly five years until 2000, and produced the work of five talented artists, including Earl Grey.

Before this little search, I had not heard of Earl Grey.  But, upon discovering his work, along with the beautiful Me Company artwork, it didn't take long for me to take a liking to it.  A slick D&B duo with a tinge of Jazz.  This is a collection of the Work released for the EP, along with some of the best material from their first album Purveyors of the New Groove.  Not a complete collection of their material, because it was all purloined from online, and it's difficult to find it all....

No comments:

Post a Comment